Wanted to drop a quick post catching up on some of my writing with The Diplomat, which have included some recent looks at:
- How Central Asia's offshoring machine is now connected to those close to US President Donald Trump.
- How Uzbekistan ended up on the US Department of Homeland Security's recent report pointing to countries of origin and terrorist incidents in the US.
- How Russian President Vladimir Putin has gained the increasing affections of the Republican base in the US.
- The handful of client-states and autocracies who have backed Russia in Ukraine, three years after the Crimean annexation.
- And how Kazakhstan continues to use and abuse the US court system to stifle domestic dissent.